Awards and Recognitions
Skipping Stones has been honored with a number of recognitions including the following:
- 2013 Children’s Publication Award of the National Association for Multicultural Education
- 2011 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Leadership Award of the City of Eugene for our editor, Arun Toké
2007 NAME Award of the National Association for Multicultural Education
- 2007 NewsStand Resources Gold Award for our Sept-Oct 2006 cover
- 2003 Honor Award from the Parent’s Guide to Children’s Media
- 2003 NAME Multicultural Achievement Award for Mr. Arun N. Toké, executive editor, from the National Association for Multicultural Education.
- 2002 Writer Award for Arun N. Toké, executive editor, from the Writer Magazine.
- 2002 Equity Committee Award of the 4J Schools for providing a culturally diverse forum that is free for students and teachers in the school district.
- 1997 NAME Award from the National Association for Multicultural Education, for outstanding contributions to the field of multicultural education for children.
- 1996 EEA Golden Apple Award, from the Eugene Education Association, for support of Education.
- 1995 EdPress Golden Shoestring Award from the Educational Press Association of America for distinguished achievement in educational journalism.
- 1992 EdPress Distinguished Achievement Award from the Educational Press Association of America.
- 1990 Parent’s Choice Honor Award from the Parent’s Choice Foundation.
We continue to receive numerous of letters of appreciation from parents, teachers and students alike.
A Blue Heron by Jerry Brule